Railway Electric Traction Control System (SCTE)
The system SCTE, based on ARCS system common technology, allows the remote control of power lines and all ancillary equipment (block instruments, switches, interlocking devices, alarms, signals).
The SCTE system is a customized version of the SCADA system supplied by TECNAU. The system is designed for the remote control of power lines and all ancillary equipment (block instruments, switches, interlocking devices, alarms, signals).
The SW platform is based on the Client/Server architecture which allows the information to be elaborated in one of the network nodes, and recorded in another one.
Acquiring information from peripheral devices (remote monitoring)
- Sending signals to peripheral devices (remote control)
- Giving an overall view of the state of the system by synoptic
- Providing a detailed view of the system by means of video pages displaying:
- Power sub-stations
- Line tracks
- Power networks
- Recording of chronological events on mass memory (Service Journal)
- Inhibiting ‘line clear’/’line blocked’ signals of block instruments and switches by means of software “countermarking”
- Software “Forcing” or “Simulation” of devices state
- Locking (precautionary measure)
- User rights management
- Maintenance workstation
- Server can be installed in “Hot Reserve” mode
Furthermore, the following functions may be added to the system:
- Fault detection
- Automatic Exchange Module” for traction power cut-off
- Video projection for synoptic panels.
Interface with other systems:
The system is able to exchange messages with the Advanced Remote Control System (CTC) supplied by TECNAU
Applications of the system
The system has been installed in Florence Campo di Marte station (Italian Railways Station)